Enough for one unit for small scale actions...
Sunday, 10 September 2023
Finally found someone on Etsy who responded to an enquiry to print for 40mm some samurai period japanese cannon; so I ordered a couple
smaller lighter pieces would have been used in a battle.. so I will have to make a couple of those
Monday, 28 August 2023
I also bought a few figures from Steve Barber Models... I gave two some of my own home-made heads
Wednesday, 16 August 2023
Sunday, 13 August 2023
I've finished sculpting some masters for a generic peasant and some warrior monks in various poses. Once I've made the moulds and cast some, they'll give me provide me with some variety for skirmish games and also for Ikko-Ikki conflicts.
Thursday, 6 July 2023
as the fighting rages, more Clan Tidamatsu troops have started to arrive.....
A victory for clan Tidamatsu
Notes on the game...
1) Rules used : Battles in the Age of War - Samurai Warfare (available from Peter Pig)
first play through of the rules in a game of the core mechanics (firing, fighting and morale); I think the rules gave a proper flavour for the period. I made some minor adjustments for my 40mm figure basing scheme along with movement and firing ranges.
I think I made some mistakes using the rules as I went along but mostly these affected both sides.
Some Rules Adjustments:
- to get some ebb and flow in melee; If lose melee: One Morale Failure fall back 3 inches, Two Moral Failures fall back 6 inches
- Routing troops stay on the table till they have passed by all the units (not removed after the move they rout).
2) Game lasted 25 moves...the key melee at the river crossing 7 moves.
3) Armies were approx 175 figures each, split into 4 Sonae with mounted samurai separated into separate units. Clan Tidamatsu (defending) started with one Sonae not having arrived (one quarter of its troops). These were late and would arrive on move 10 + 3D6.
4) Final result - a win for Clan Tidamatsu
Clan Tidamatsu 3 sonae intact, one badly mauled at just under 50% in strength.
Clan Monogoto - 1 sonae intact, 1 sonae wiped out, 2 sonae 30% losses and routed.
Wednesday, 5 July 2023
The melee along the line of the river intensifies....
to be continued...